Musquodoboit Valley Family Resource Centre
Home Visitor Program
Family Support Home
- Purpose is to promote the healthy growth and development of children and within their families.
- Home based guidance in identifying strengths and setting goals that development healthy families.
- Free and voluntary program for families with children from 3 to 16 years of age.
- Referrals directly from parents and/or from other programs and organizations.
- Support can be offered on a short-term or long-term basis.
Family Support could include:
- building relationships between family members
- managing behaviours & guidance & discipline
- child & youth development
- school attendance
- family changes-death, separation, divorce, etc.
- information about other community programs
- referrals to other programs & services
- & more.....
All families encounter challenges as they raise their children and youth and all parents require support in their parenting role at one time or another.
The parenting Journey home visitor can be a source of support, working collaboratively with a family in their home.
The purpose of Parenting Journey program is to offer support to families in the Musquodoboit Valley.
To Contact the Parenting Journey Home Visitor Program
Home Visitor Can
- Meet with you and decide if this program is the right 'fit' for your family.
- Explore your family strengths, and areas you would like extra support.
- Create a family plan with you based on your needs and future goals.
- Make regular visits and/or phone calls to support you in reaching these goals.
- Connect you with other community agencies
- Attend occasional appointments with you.
- And more...